Friday


Set a 7:15 alarm and its worth it! I jump into last night's dancin clothes, grab a coat and dash outdoors. Gasp! We are tying up in beautiful albeit monochromatic Sitka. I love Sitka with its small spruce studded harbor islands.


(Dan is running a low grade fever, and he didn't sleep well.) he didn't jump up:-/


The first sights to arrive on my retina is a light- house and a female eagle atop her nest!!!

I did not think to snap that picture!


Dan showers for breakfast.

I request a half grapefruit, crab eggs Benedict and a tasty bran muffin. Dan chooses the skillet. Everything he orders comes with taco chips;) wah wah


We debark and catch a bus from Halibut Bay mooring into Sitka. Theres a bit of drizzle, which clears.




We head to Tsongass Threads and Dan heads to the pharmacy for aspirin. I am quick to acquire a cotton nightie for $5.99 and we're off to scavenge the gift shops! I buy salmonberry jelly and blueberry jam, huckleberry pancake mix a crab tea towel and a postcard.




At 11:45 we meet Dan's former co worker Greg Mandel from the O, for lunch. I have halibut tacos and Dan the fish n chips!

Greg is a librarian here in Sitka and suggests we pick up a book for a donation since my book read. Btw he is an author;)


We wander the small town of 9,000 before returning to our ship. Dan dozes and i shower. We set sail at 4:00

Dan dozes until 6:30, trying to beat this bug he's got.


MSNBC has been showing a fascinating saga of the Trump presidency daily. Dinner at last in my ivory Sitka dress and cable knit stockings!

Yukon gold soup/ tomato

Pacific Rim salad w chicken

Chocolate delight cake w decaf.

Tonight's gin was Sapphire on ice. Citrusy and nice while enjoyed the Trio.

Goodnight all. . . 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday

Sunday

Mothers Day